Sejauh Aku Mampu
Sunday, November 19, 2006
Self-Management

Friendster Icons


Fortunately, I studied much in multiculturalism and communication in my first year in NTU. I am really thankful for this opportunity because the particular lecturer will not be available in the next semester because she will do her research in Texas or where I don't know. I learnt much from her, not only about the performance in speaking and new English words I get but also about the open-minded attitude toward others in this multicultural Singapore.

The concept of self is like how we see ourselves and how others will perceive us. It should be managed totally in this era. If it isn't managed, we will really lose that "self". Self is related with identity. How if our identity is reinforced? Should we really let ourselves lost and dragged into the life without meaning ? For example is what I face just now, as a student from Klaten, a neighbour of mine sees that I am the one who is really marginalized by society. My friend perceived I was the one who always go to the farm and cultivate the land. That is contrary with what I am where I am the man with a little communication with my society there. I just studied whan I was in Senior High School and I felt I was spoiled by my parents. But, I just let my friend wet with his assumption and I just thought that that is the form of prejudices and stereotypes which can't be avoided in this era. That is the self-management where we should be really tough with the circumstance that we will face nowadays. I may not follow my feeling to be uncontrolled, but I controlled my feeling.

Our "self" is sometimes disturbed by our thinking. It is always renewed by the situation we encounter, especially the problem in this life. Just now, a friend of mine told about his life recently. He said he was already tired with his life where the negative thinking sometimes really disturbs the progression of this life and it really destroys our "self". This is the way that everyone should walk on. We are always seeking the meaning of this life. The meaning that is sometimes to high to discover and sometimes too deep to dig. This all isn't about looking for how high or deep the meaning is, it is specially about the uniqueness of this great life where we can't find the meaning of this life except from this our "self". In fact, from my friend's story, I just can see how the meaning of this life is actually in our "self". The reason of these all are about whether we are patient or not to find the meaning of this life by our heart, patience about the future, and trying to perceive everything with the open minded attitude and paradigm.

Let's find it !!!
posted by -ian- @ 2:35 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
It is about what I face and the circumstances which I encounter.
About Me

Name: -ian-
Home: Nanyang Crescent, Boon Lay, Singapore
About Me: When everything changes, I wanna still stay there calmly, and wait for the right time. I am surrounded by so called "radical" dreams. I don't know whether it is a form of idealism of a youth. But, be a doctor was my dream, but Physics came into me. ITB was my dream, but He gave NTU for me. Currently, I wanna be a high school teacher, researcher, journalist, writer, businessman, also want to study abroad again. It is unclear but it is fair. As far as I can, because I can jump higher as a true worshiper, as a true believer. Let me be a clay oh God, form me as You want.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix
Links
GJ Accessories
Google
Technorati blog directory KampungBlog.com - Kumpulan Blog-Blog Indonesia free web counter Locations of visitors to this page
© Sejauh Aku Mampu . template by isnaini dot com