Sejauh Aku Mampu
Saturday, December 16, 2006
The Girl next My Seat
Now I know why I always sit near with the Indonesian home servant ( Indonesian Workers ) who works in Singapore when I fly to Singapore or Solo. I could learn from this. First of all, I just remembered with what I met in Lucky Plaza about my stereotype toward home servant there. I met so many people who spent their holidays there and many of them are from the Philipines and Indonesia because their language was familiar. I was thinking badly when I said to myself that I really did't like that Lucky Plaza with its cheap good so I just asked my friends to leave that plaza because the reason I meantioned before. Now, I think differently toward the Indonesian servants who work in Singapore. I wanna say that I am proud of them actually. I always remember their eyes every time the airplane will land in Indonesian airport. It seems that they wanted to cry. It happened in my last flight. Some minutes before the airplane landed smoothly in Adi Sumarmo airport, I asked some questions to the servant nearby me. She kindly answered that she had been in Singapore six years(It seemed from her English) and she had already went home several times and two years ago she went back also. She said that with the mirror in her eyes and yeah....she really missed her family.What I can learn from here is that they are brave people. They wanted to have better living so they should work and sacrifice many things including leaving their family. I think it is better that those who don't work at all, only at home and wathing TV. Ehm...they have more contribution to the stability of economy, I thinkArriving in Adi SUmarmo, my father picked me up. There I saw many families picked up those home servants also. I hope my nearby servant had already been picked up also.
posted by -ian- @ 3:47 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
It is about what I face and the circumstances which I encounter.
About Me

Name: -ian-
Home: Nanyang Crescent, Boon Lay, Singapore
About Me: When everything changes, I wanna still stay there calmly, and wait for the right time. I am surrounded by so called "radical" dreams. I don't know whether it is a form of idealism of a youth. But, be a doctor was my dream, but Physics came into me. ITB was my dream, but He gave NTU for me. Currently, I wanna be a high school teacher, researcher, journalist, writer, businessman, also want to study abroad again. It is unclear but it is fair. As far as I can, because I can jump higher as a true worshiper, as a true believer. Let me be a clay oh God, form me as You want.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix
Links
GJ Accessories
Google
Technorati blog directory KampungBlog.com - Kumpulan Blog-Blog Indonesia free web counter Locations of visitors to this page
© Sejauh Aku Mampu . template by isnaini dot com