Sejauh Aku Mampu
Friday, November 24, 2006

Learning from Friends...

I've learned that no matter how good a friend someone is, they're going to hurt you every once in awhile and you must forgive them for that.”http://en.thinkexist.com


When I am reinforced to mention the meaning of a friend, sometimes my heart beats faster. Some of you wonder whether how deep it is or how shallow it is. Believe it or not, it should be explained well. Then, who can define the meaning of friend? Many quotes are written but sometimes there's no connection for us or thet really don't touch us. It can be concluded that friendship is a journey, the journey which helps us to define the meaning of friend. A friend of mine used to say that he could live alone without friend. He said that friend is a mock thing. Other friend said "I need a friend to cry on and someone to rely on". Day by day, we find that this world is so diversed with many meanings and definitions. It is already clear with many definitions in our anthropology and sociology books.



What do we want from a friend? I still remember when Pandu, my senior, said that, "If you don't wanna lose out, don't make a friend". Sometimes I agree with this what he said because we may not be "do ut des"-a Latin word that means:I give that you may give. Helping our friend with all grateful heart is the purpose of making a friend. Isn't this life aimed to support each other and in the precise word we should sacrifice many things to our friend. I was really shameful when I heard and I saw my life again so I found to many "do ut des" in my life. I used to have paradigm that I help because I am helped. But, I don't wanna be like that again. Now, I have learnt much from my journey that friendship means loving others. I still remember how I underwent my past years about somehow I always chose friends by seeing many aspects from someone. When I wanna be someone's bestfriend and it never came true but when someone wanted to be my bestfriend where I didn't like this guy so I just neglected. I was so sad when I remember that my silly mind.




When we are in the new places, we understand how afraid we are whether there will have friend or not. When we are forced to know others and we are starting to be doubt whether we want to start the introduction to say "hi". I admit it was so difficlt for me, I am still looking for why also, is it about prestige or laziness or prejudice or..... Well, it wasn't really comfort with new places. When I moved to a new class in my high school. I just always felt that I just wanted to go home and having my own life. I didn't wanna start the introduction. I thought many things at that time about what people thought about me. Finally, I made a start, I didn't care about what people think. I just start ant it worked. I acknowleged that I had a bad thinking. Since now, I just wanna start.


What is meant by separating ourselves to a friend? I found there are ambiguous questions here. Especially about who are asked that question. It is about whether we are rejected by many of our friends or whether we reject a particular person in our daily life. I still remember again how stupid the boys in my class and I who tried to avoid a girl in our class by adressing her with a particular insulting word because the weakness of her body. It seemed that she felt that she was refused and tended to be exclusive. What is the meaning behind it all ? Let's imagine if I or you were that girl. I can't imagine how painful it is and we will also feel how narrow this world is if we are life without friends. I myself used to feel that I was refused also and sometimes my bad thingking made me felt that I was rejected. This is the sadness of mine when I my bad thinking played and it wasn't actually real and most of this rejection because of bad thinking happened most in my life



Friendster Icons



The meaning of friend to me, in fact, is so real, I cannot stand here without friend. My friends supported me wherever I am. Even though they sometimes teach me so hard with their own words which sometimes insult me. I found myself in advanced. Thank you. Thank you for Desnita Prismarini Pramudita and Anis for your kindness to me and taught me not to be lonely when I was in kindergarten. Thank you for Eni who taught me to be loyal and humble. Thank you for Pandu who taught me to walk on His way and made me understand how hard this life. Thank yo for Fajar-my bestfriend-who taught me to be one of the luckiest person in this world and made me happy and gratelful everyday. Thank you for Chandra who introduces me how to against prejudices in my life and told me not to be a do ut des person. Thanks...

posted by -ian- @ 7:08 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
It is about what I face and the circumstances which I encounter.
About Me

Name: -ian-
Home: Nanyang Crescent, Boon Lay, Singapore
About Me: When everything changes, I wanna still stay there calmly, and wait for the right time. I am surrounded by so called "radical" dreams. I don't know whether it is a form of idealism of a youth. But, be a doctor was my dream, but Physics came into me. ITB was my dream, but He gave NTU for me. Currently, I wanna be a high school teacher, researcher, journalist, writer, businessman, also want to study abroad again. It is unclear but it is fair. As far as I can, because I can jump higher as a true worshiper, as a true believer. Let me be a clay oh God, form me as You want.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix
Links
GJ Accessories
Google
Technorati blog directory KampungBlog.com - Kumpulan Blog-Blog Indonesia free web counter Locations of visitors to this page
© Sejauh Aku Mampu . template by isnaini dot com