Sejauh Aku Mampu
Friday, December 22, 2006
A Bended Path

I don't know why I can’t stop thinking this. I always say to my friend that studying in Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB, a prominent university in Indonesia) will always be so fruitful because we feel that we are "Indonesian". I always say that if my friend talked much about studying abroad, especially in Singapore. I know it has the impression that I tried to cover my position as a sojourner in Singapore who tried to act so people don't see me as the arrogant person because I study abroad. When they exaggerate about Singapore, I as if wanna tried to say “Hey Dude, it is only Singapore, nothing better we can get there besides the huge malls everywhere". I admit that ITB was my dream. I was inspired how Sukarno studied there (Now, I don't like him). I wonder actually how ITB is. I know that I was so jealousy when some of my friends, 5 persons in my batch, were admitted there. Well, I will tell the truth, I was supposed to study in STT Telkom because I was successful in getting the full scholarship there. I beat my friends who also wanted to go there. STT Telkom only made me so calm because I was also afraid if I only think about ITB. Then I registered NTU and finally I was admitted in this university. I chose this university finally. Now, I can see my ITB has flown away. I cannot say whether I regret about this direction of my life because I myself don't know whether I choose the best way or not. If I talk about the quality, I know that NTU is much better than any university in Indonesia. Then, what is the meaning of studying abroad? Is it about looking for a good life? Can't I get the better life from ITB? Some days ago, my friend said to me that there was a NUS graduate from Indonesia who became a seller in a quite famous place in Singapore. He sold Indonesian food where he was more successful than any NUS graduate because more salary he got. I was blurred by information. I was thinking quite longer about how this life will be? Oh My God, why am I so melancholic today.This is a kind of dilemma where it is possible for me for never studying in Indonesian university. In other side, I wanna continue my study until I'll get graduate degree in Singapore.Trying to understand this is the best way to understand of the meaning why I am placed in Singapore. I hope that I can get the answer of these all soon.
posted by -ian- @ 2:07 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    blinded by the fame of ITB(that is, if such fame ever exist), i say. when you're here it won't be much different..

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
It is about what I face and the circumstances which I encounter.
About Me

Name: -ian-
Home: Nanyang Crescent, Boon Lay, Singapore
About Me: When everything changes, I wanna still stay there calmly, and wait for the right time. I am surrounded by so called "radical" dreams. I don't know whether it is a form of idealism of a youth. But, be a doctor was my dream, but Physics came into me. ITB was my dream, but He gave NTU for me. Currently, I wanna be a high school teacher, researcher, journalist, writer, businessman, also want to study abroad again. It is unclear but it is fair. As far as I can, because I can jump higher as a true worshiper, as a true believer. Let me be a clay oh God, form me as You want.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix
Links
GJ Accessories
Google
Technorati blog directory KampungBlog.com - Kumpulan Blog-Blog Indonesia free web counter Locations of visitors to this page
© Sejauh Aku Mampu . template by isnaini dot com