Sejauh Aku Mampu
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
Self Studying in University
I found it is so different between studying in university and studying in senior high school. In the first semester of my study in this university, I was so lazy and as if I neglected some modules. I still practised the senior high school style in studying. Finally, my result in the last semester wasn't good enough and I was so dissapointed. Because my GPA wasn't until 4.5, so my opportunity to be Dean's List Student and to join exchange student was lost also.

Here, I had just found the concept of self studying. Here, I am studying and no one cares. I study for the sake of my future. Imagine, the stuying time here is only 13 weeks,it is such a short time, right ? About three months only and sometimes the students should read hundred pages of book and memorize it. In other words, the students should study everyday and I am trying to do this in this second semester. I hope, I will get the art of studying in this semester.

posted by -ian- @ 9:16 AM  
8 Comments:
  • At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Pengalaman saya sekolah SMA di Indonesia memang tidak dibiasakan belajar mandiri. At least it was then when I was in high school, I don't know how they do it now. That's why I got shocked when I studied in university because of different learning method. But I survived and I graduated. Thanks God.

     
  • At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wah menarik ya sistem yang konsepnya self studying. mgkn di Indo belum bisa, soalnya kesadaran siswanya buat belajar sendiri juga rata2 masih rendah.. :(

     
  • At 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you for dropping by my blog Septian! Good luck with the studying. It's difficult but in the end it's rewarding.

     
  • At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    semangat ya :)

     
  • At 3:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi septian, thanks for dropping by my blog :)
    u are still young and in your age you have great acvievement. *indeed*
    u are studying in great university.

    I hope you can high jump and touching the sky until you find the meaning of this life. :)

     
  • At 7:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sudah saatnya sekolah2 di indo mulai membiasakan untuk mendidik siswa2nya belajar secara mandiri.
    karena seharusnya gak perlu nunggu kuliah di luar negeri, seharusnya di dalam negeri pun sudah harus seperti itu.

    btw, semangat yah :)

     
  • At 8:20 AM, Blogger -ian- said…

    thank you All, thanks Lucky, fany, richie, septian, joni,jennie, and tempe goreng. Always keep our spirit and let's study

     
  • At 6:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi septian. studying in high school and universities are definitely different, and i can't agree more that students must initiate themselves. but, as is in high school, i remember last-minute study did work too... :)

    i just don't agree about memorizing. nothing should be forced-memorized.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
It is about what I face and the circumstances which I encounter.
About Me

Name: -ian-
Home: Nanyang Crescent, Boon Lay, Singapore
About Me: When everything changes, I wanna still stay there calmly, and wait for the right time. I am surrounded by so called "radical" dreams. I don't know whether it is a form of idealism of a youth. But, be a doctor was my dream, but Physics came into me. ITB was my dream, but He gave NTU for me. Currently, I wanna be a high school teacher, researcher, journalist, writer, businessman, also want to study abroad again. It is unclear but it is fair. As far as I can, because I can jump higher as a true worshiper, as a true believer. Let me be a clay oh God, form me as You want.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix
Links
GJ Accessories
Google
Technorati blog directory KampungBlog.com - Kumpulan Blog-Blog Indonesia free web counter Locations of visitors to this page
© Sejauh Aku Mampu . template by isnaini dot com