Sejauh Aku Mampu
Sunday, January 07, 2007
Story with Coffee

Even though it is very easy to get Starbucks here, I got my first Starbuck in December 12th 2006. Isn't it funny ? I didn't drink coffee but I orderred a hot chocolate. I am having a bad assumption with coffee since my teacher in my Junior High School said that there was caffeine inside. Isn't it so stupid that I still remember it? Starbuck which was established in Seattle in 1971 was quite prominent. It seems to be a cozy place to hang out eventhough it is a kind of "capitalist" place( that's how I call ).

Let's go back to Indonesia. Indonesia is also the coffee producer. But, let you know that I had just seen the coffee plant in front of my eyes yesterday in Singapore zoo. The tree had the thin stem but it was rather tall. I didn't read the type of that coffee whether it is robusta or arabica. Most of Indonesian farmer plants robusta coffee which is flooding the international market now. It made the Indonesian's coffee was beaten by Vietnam, especially about the rate of production. Vietnam succesfully dragged Indonesia into the forth position from the third position as the coffee world producer , a bad news.

I am sure many Indonesian know about Warung Kopi. It is the comfort place to gather with friends but I never go to that place, usually that is for the old men. I am too shy to join. Indonesia also has many prominent coffee shops. They are Banaran Coffee, Kopi Luwak, and I don't know the others. Shall I love coffee ? Will I choose hot choco everytime I visit Starbucks.

Picture by me.
posted by -ian- @ 8:36 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Septian, Thnanks for comment on Nelson Daily Photo.
    Our Starbucks is just about 2 years old (in Nelson).

    I think chocolate also has caffeine (even not much compare to coffee)...

     
  • At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, I love coffee!

     
  • At 5:27 PM, Blogger mpokb said…

    interesting story..
    to tell you truth, i went only once to starbucks. capitalist or not, self-service coffee shop is not my idea of "a good cup of coffee".
    btw, the smell of coffee in the morning.. surely make my day! :)

     
  • At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We get great organic coffee from Sumatra at our local coffee bean shop. I love it; they call it Vapour!

     
  • At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Take one sip of coffee, on another day take another sip and then, before long, you will be addicted and will drink it every day.

     
  • At 11:12 PM, Blogger -ian- said…

    @ben, meg, and annie: Is the oener of these three blogs Ben? Chocolate has theobromine right? OK, I will try coffee.
    Sumatra coffee, in fact, has reached NZ. So great.

    @mpokb. enjoy you coffee which made your day.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
It is about what I face and the circumstances which I encounter.
About Me

Name: -ian-
Home: Nanyang Crescent, Boon Lay, Singapore
About Me: When everything changes, I wanna still stay there calmly, and wait for the right time. I am surrounded by so called "radical" dreams. I don't know whether it is a form of idealism of a youth. But, be a doctor was my dream, but Physics came into me. ITB was my dream, but He gave NTU for me. Currently, I wanna be a high school teacher, researcher, journalist, writer, businessman, also want to study abroad again. It is unclear but it is fair. As far as I can, because I can jump higher as a true worshiper, as a true believer. Let me be a clay oh God, form me as You want.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix
Links
GJ Accessories
Google
Technorati blog directory KampungBlog.com - Kumpulan Blog-Blog Indonesia free web counter Locations of visitors to this page
© Sejauh Aku Mampu . template by isnaini dot com