Sejauh Aku Mampu
Sunday, January 07, 2007
Singapore Zoological Garden and Night Safari

January 6th, I was outside NTU all day. My neighbour( Chandra ) and I went to Singapore Zoo and Night Safari in somewhere near Ang Mo Kio. I don't know where it exactly belongs to, Ang Mo Kio or Woodland. Firstly, I dropped in Ang Mo Kio MRT station then I used SBS bus number 138. It was so far from the station to the zoo. Finally, we arrived then we decided to pay 38 bucks for the ticket. It was included the trip in night safari.

I realize that visiting the zoo isn't only for kids. The pleasure it gave made everyone interested to have a trip in that great zoo. I found many things were prepared as perfect as possible. The technology really touched that place, I could see many air cons room, television in the jungle, good amphiteatre, multimedia resource. It was also completed with many mysterious paths included many special rooms or area with special theme, there were Tiger Trek, Tropical Crops Plantation, Fragile Forest, and many more. It was the vibrant zoo because many unique animals were performanced in that zoo. It wasn't strange if there were many amphiteatres. The next trip was continued

I was thinking quite longer to really imagine what actually happened with the face of Indonesian's tourism. I heard from www.liputan6.com that the international tourist's visit was dropped into 5.6% in 2006. I am sure many people chose Singapore as their destination. It was proved by many foreign tourists there. I just think whether it is about the wealth of Singapore so she can build everything in this unique country with the support of the people and its technology. I hope the Indonesian Tourism will be better in this new year. I am sure Indonesia has more, more, and more.
posted by -ian- @ 1:00 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 2:32 AM, Blogger Gerald (SK14) said…

    The Zoo wasn't somewhere we visited when we were in Singapore. I'm rather surprised that you think adding techno-experiences enhances things so much in the minds of visitors. A lot of people would much prefer to see a more natural environment, rather than some manufactured spectacle.

     
  • At 4:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like zoos, but I go there mostly to watch little children react to animals. In Auckland, NZ, they really try to show animals in their natural habitat, and we humans have to walk on paths amongst the animals - sometimes not separated by fences or anything.

    Re. tourism, you have so many islands and different cultures, that may be something to be exploited, it exploited it will be if you open it up to tourism. It's a double-edged sward, isn't it!

     
  • At 1:32 PM, Blogger -ian- said…

    @ Gerald, please check again Gerald, Singapore has many places like that like Botanical Garden, Jurong Bird Park etc. The technology touches too much like too many artificial waterfalls. I don't agree also actually, but it was quite beautiful.
    @ meg, what is the name of that zoo in Auckland? Is that big?
    About exploiting the nature, Indonesia hasn't had enough capability yet, I think. Monetary Problem is still the main stuff.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
It is about what I face and the circumstances which I encounter.
About Me

Name: -ian-
Home: Nanyang Crescent, Boon Lay, Singapore
About Me: When everything changes, I wanna still stay there calmly, and wait for the right time. I am surrounded by so called "radical" dreams. I don't know whether it is a form of idealism of a youth. But, be a doctor was my dream, but Physics came into me. ITB was my dream, but He gave NTU for me. Currently, I wanna be a high school teacher, researcher, journalist, writer, businessman, also want to study abroad again. It is unclear but it is fair. As far as I can, because I can jump higher as a true worshiper, as a true believer. Let me be a clay oh God, form me as You want.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix
Links
GJ Accessories
Google
Technorati blog directory KampungBlog.com - Kumpulan Blog-Blog Indonesia free web counter Locations of visitors to this page
© Sejauh Aku Mampu . template by isnaini dot com