Sejauh Aku Mampu
Thursday, January 11, 2007
University Trend


Perhaps, people would see I was crazy because I took a photograph like a stranger. That picture was taken in south spine, Nanyang Technological University, my campus. Now, there are various schools offered by a technological university. The example is above. There are International Studies( Before the name was Institute of Defence Strategies), Business School, and Humanities School. The advantage of this founding, one of all, is to improve the quality of that school especially if it will be reviewed in th university world ranking(that what my professor said), because the rank of a university will be higher if there are more various schools inside. That is the point which was graded in Times Higher Magazine. So, it isn's strange if there are many technological university build the various schools. The example is ITB(Indonesia) with its Business and Management School, NTU with its various school, and Curtin University of Technology (Australia) with its Business School.

The founding of that new school was quite succesful. Some of us know about these person. In the last Academic Year, the Rajaratnam Int'l Studies ( Before IDSS ) had got its graduates. Agus Yudhoyono, son of Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono; Loro Horta, son of the Timor Leste Prime Minister; and Hekmat Karzai, cousin of Afghan President Hamid Karzai; were Masters students at IDSS. Besides, many International Students also studied there.

I hope this will not absorb the quality of the best student in a country to enter the university. I am not the best student, so I enter the university abroad. It is funny, hahaha....

posted by -ian- @ 9:01 AM  
8 Comments:
  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger Bunyamin Najmi said…

    You are so lucky to study abroad...

     
  • At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    na-ah, you're a smart student otherwise you couldn't have been accepted at NTU. *I applied once and got rejected LOL*

    Btw, congratulations, you are the blogger Indonesia of the week by Fatih. Links here.

     
  • At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    somehow, the list of names you werementiones was a mere relatives (son, cousin, etc). by no means offense ya, just try to be a critic.

    anyway,congrats on being te Indonesian Blogger of the week.

     
  • At 10:36 PM, Blogger Rara Vebles said…

    Great..!! Hebatt kamu..!! *cuma bisa ikut menyemangati*

    Yes.. I'll try to keep on writing.. U know what?? I'm absolutely terrible at writing.. So, I've a great deal of respect for anyone who can write easily.. I'm kind of jealous of them..

    O iya, sakura itu aku dapet dari Mas Arief, blognya ada di link-ku. Mas Arief tinggal di Sing jg lho.. Baca2 blog-nya deh.. BAGUS.. Dia orangnya pinter alias cerdas.. :D Makasih ya udah mampir..

     
  • At 10:56 PM, Blogger -ian- said…

    thank you, Mr Bunyamin, Devi, my beloved friend mamas hilmi, and rara vebles.

     
  • At 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HI! I love physics. Especially quantum physics. I hated learning about positrons though (they usually have an extrmeley short life period-right?). However, I do like Ancient History just as much! Please visit my blog!!
    -Justin

    www.ancienthistorybuff.blogspot.com

     
  • At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    kapan banjir mas :)

     
  • At 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    makasih yeh dah mampir ke blog aku

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
It is about what I face and the circumstances which I encounter.
About Me

Name: -ian-
Home: Nanyang Crescent, Boon Lay, Singapore
About Me: When everything changes, I wanna still stay there calmly, and wait for the right time. I am surrounded by so called "radical" dreams. I don't know whether it is a form of idealism of a youth. But, be a doctor was my dream, but Physics came into me. ITB was my dream, but He gave NTU for me. Currently, I wanna be a high school teacher, researcher, journalist, writer, businessman, also want to study abroad again. It is unclear but it is fair. As far as I can, because I can jump higher as a true worshiper, as a true believer. Let me be a clay oh God, form me as You want.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix
Links
GJ Accessories
Google
Technorati blog directory KampungBlog.com - Kumpulan Blog-Blog Indonesia free web counter Locations of visitors to this page
© Sejauh Aku Mampu . template by isnaini dot com