Sejauh Aku Mampu
Friday, October 26, 2007
This Week's Contemplation
After having a christian KTB (Kelompok Tumbuh Bersama) Meeting, I had some important matters to think. One of them is about whether we should care ourselves first or we should think others first over our personal work or importance. The classic example is Let's say you have friend who is having urgent need but in the same time we can't help him. But, that's too easy to answer(we got a lot in our civic/personality education) and the main idea is about how far we should care others. What I am thinking now is that human has the nature to be an individual person and selfishness surrounds the mind, and I feel that too. Besides, I also think that there are many conditions when we want help others. For example, we should be able to understand the lecture first before we answer others question if he can't understand. Doesn't it mean that we should think our business first before helping others. The other example is that we should study at home than visiting our farewell dinner with our not-so-close-friend who will go abroad for good because we should have the hardest exam in the next day.


Okay, I myself don't like to say about our conditions this and that. If human is limited by those conditions, just say that people think their business first then after that, they think about others. What I consider is that if we have fulfilled our needs in certain level, we of course can help others, that's what I think. I know it is wrong, but, I will keep struggling to contemplate. Saying that we treat others as the main priority in our life is a bit hypocrite. Let's think.


Is there a fixed answer or the generalization or even a unified stand of all people about who should we think first. I admit that I am still selfish and still think about my problems first before helping others. Ah...let's change to another topic, it is too sensitive.

Labels:

posted by -ian- @ 12:52 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
It is about what I face and the circumstances which I encounter.
About Me

Name: -ian-
Home: Nanyang Crescent, Boon Lay, Singapore
About Me: When everything changes, I wanna still stay there calmly, and wait for the right time. I am surrounded by so called "radical" dreams. I don't know whether it is a form of idealism of a youth. But, be a doctor was my dream, but Physics came into me. ITB was my dream, but He gave NTU for me. Currently, I wanna be a high school teacher, researcher, journalist, writer, businessman, also want to study abroad again. It is unclear but it is fair. As far as I can, because I can jump higher as a true worshiper, as a true believer. Let me be a clay oh God, form me as You want.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix
Links
GJ Accessories
Google
Technorati blog directory KampungBlog.com - Kumpulan Blog-Blog Indonesia free web counter Locations of visitors to this page
© Sejauh Aku Mampu . template by isnaini dot com