Sejauh Aku Mampu
Monday, November 27, 2006
Djie Siang Lan
Having read Lanny Anggawati's book entitled "Perjalananku Menjadi Guru" or "My Trip to Be a Teacher, I found this book was quite good eventhough it didn't beat "Catatan Seorang Demonstran" as my favorite book. Ms.Lanny is a buddhist who resides in Klaten and she is quite productive in writing books. I got this book when I went home to Klaten, my hiding place....I didn't know why my father had it, then I just brought it to NTU. Firstly, I knew her directly in the training in my English Day which was held by my high school English Club. I still remember how she told about the difference between Javanese labour and Korean labour. She said that the wage of Korean labour was four times higher than the Javanese's one. The difference was about the character between them. "The Korean labour worked harder", she said.

I learnt many things from this book especially about how we should perform as a university student. Let me tell about some stories inside this book. I was interested about how she got her university in Sanata Dharma, Yogyakarta. It was a quite hard choice for her, I think. She really wanted to be a doctor before but the monetary problem came into her family so she decided English Department as her major. I just can't imagine how she could only bring her bicycle to study in university. The condition which is far beyond my mind. Her humble life really made another person admired. Her university life was so unique. The first three moths, she really didn't understand English. She tried hard by doing many things which could embarass her. That was the difference between her and another person. For example, always ask her friends to translate all what the lecturers said, always dated with the professor, read books in bookstore till the owner chased away her. Finally she found herself able to follow the lesson.

Well, I am sure it is not because she is a chinese, or, may be It has a little significance. Working hard is the answer. I cannot work hard during this semester. I don't know why. I should try....
posted by -ian- @ 6:03 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
It is about what I face and the circumstances which I encounter.
About Me

Name: -ian-
Home: Nanyang Crescent, Boon Lay, Singapore
About Me: When everything changes, I wanna still stay there calmly, and wait for the right time. I am surrounded by so called "radical" dreams. I don't know whether it is a form of idealism of a youth. But, be a doctor was my dream, but Physics came into me. ITB was my dream, but He gave NTU for me. Currently, I wanna be a high school teacher, researcher, journalist, writer, businessman, also want to study abroad again. It is unclear but it is fair. As far as I can, because I can jump higher as a true worshiper, as a true believer. Let me be a clay oh God, form me as You want.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix
Links
GJ Accessories
Google
Technorati blog directory KampungBlog.com - Kumpulan Blog-Blog Indonesia free web counter Locations of visitors to this page
© Sejauh Aku Mampu . template by isnaini dot com