Sejauh Aku Mampu
Saturday, March 03, 2007
My First Concert in This World
can you guess where I was?
Honestly, I never have a single choir concert like yesterday. Victoria Concert Hall was the memorable place for 51 of us. We had practised for more than 6 months to prepare this concert even though in the midst of this 6 months there are many things to do like the performances for the christmas carol and choir camp. Let's imagine, twice practices in a week. I am sure you will think this is such a hectic week. When the concert was nearer, the practices were almost everyday.

Here is CANTEMUS 2007, Vox Populi (Voice of the People)

Finally, it is over. This is my choir yesterday. I really enjoyed it even though I still forget some dances and few notes. One thing I could learn from that concert was we have only one chance in our life. I really felt that when firstly we sang, we had only one chance and about how we hold the note. Huh....

Here are the songs we sang and about the songs we sang.
1. Medley of Samba Ya and La Cucaracha
Samba Ya is the Brazilian folk song and La Cucaracha is the Mexican song.
2. Byssan Lull
A Swedish song ( Lullaby )
This song told about the journey of 3 wanderers to meet Jesus Christ.
This is my favourite song.
3. Mein Kleiner Gruner Kaktus ( My Little Green Cactus )
German Song which tells about cactus. ( FYI, I didn't fully memorized this song.
How can I remember because basses only sing Bom....bom....bom...
4. Vecherniy Zvon ( Evening Bells )
A Russian song about the love of a citizen to his country.
There was a soloist when we sang this song.
5. Veniki
A russian folk song about brooms ( the lyrics are weird but the song is nice )
6. Cha Shan Qing Ge ( A Love Song from the Tea Hill )
I didn't sing this song because this is for the students from PRC.
7. Kerraban Sape ( Bull Racing )
Traditional song of Madura island (Indonesia).
The Indonesian NTU students sang this.
We used the traditional bull bells also and played it in the middle of the song.
8. Asa Yueni ( Because of The Morning )
A Japanese song which was specially created for NTU choir by Ko Matsushita.
When we sang this song, the conductor said, " It was so sharp ". We were sad.
9. Regi Tancdal
A Hungarian old dance song. This is the last song for the first half concert.
In the second half, we sang :
1. I Love Music
2. Isn't She Lovely
3. Mui Tin Noi Nei Do Ye Se ( Jacky Cheung Song )
4. Lion Heart
5. Solitaire
6. ABBA Medley ( One of Us, SOS, Does Your Mother Know, Mamma Mia )
7. Break Out
There were dances and choreography in this second half concert.

Above are some photos yesterday. Hopefully you can imagine what I felt yesterday. It was so great where almost 900 people watched our performance. I will never forget this great moment.





Labels:

posted by -ian- @ 11:49 PM  
13 Comments:
  • At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hip hip !! hooray !
    Hip hip !! hooray !
    Hip hip !! hooray !!

     
  • At 10:49 PM, Blogger Devi Girsang, MD said…

    nice job! must be a lot of audience there, isn't it!

     
  • At 12:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Septian..despite kamu lupa ato salah gerakan banyak, aku bangga sama kamu. Sama kita semua..kalo aku belajar untuk ber komitmen. Dan lihat buahnya...sangat menyenangkan kan? Capek marah kesel hilang semua ^^ Tetep nyanyi..bukan buat siapa2..buat TUhan yang udah kasih suara indah itu ke kamu ^^ GBU

     
  • At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wah kelihatannya seru concert nya. btw septian penyanyi ya? wah cerita dong...

     
  • At 4:35 PM, Blogger -ian- said…

    @bunga, i love u
    @devi, there were totally 883 audiences, thanks
    @michan
    iya, harus lebih baek lagi ya Mi tahun depan

    @N, cuman penyanyi paduan suara kok, heheh, suara juga pas2an

     
  • At 6:31 PM, Blogger pyuriko said…

    Waaahhh, penontonnya mayan banyak yaaa.... grogi gak tuh.

    Kapan2 nyanyi disini yaaa... ^_^

     
  • At 11:42 AM, Blogger Cempluk Story said…

    wah mas septian penyanyi toh..kpn2 aku ajarin nyanyi ya mas..tapi jgn kaget klo suaraku cempreng (*gubrak*).met beraktivitas y

     
  • At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wah....anggota choir neh...

    jed mah gak tahan di choir...latihannya itu beraattttttt banget.

    www.revolutia.org

     
  • At 12:49 AM, Blogger Nieke,, said…

    wah wah, ikutan paduan suara juga ya mas?

    duh, liat foto2nya jadi pengen tampil.. hihii..

    btw, gud lak ya Septian utk konser2 slanjutnya :)

     
  • At 7:44 AM, Blogger fuddyduddy said…

    Nice experience dude...
    entar kapan2 nyanyi disini ya...
    lam kenal ya sep...
    i love music too much...

     
  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger -ian- said…

    @pyuriko & fuddy, "nyanyi disini "dimana ya ?

    @cempluk, kapan2 deh, bisa,,,


    @jed and nieke, thanks for visiting me, laen kali kalo saya konser, saya beliin deh tiketnya, hehehe

     
  • At 1:32 PM, Blogger danti_noir said…

    you the one with most monyong lips!

    lo nyanyi apa kepedesen sept?

    eh tapi cakep lo. go out with me yok *winks*

     
  • At 6:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow... was that the NTU choir? I bet you'all sound good...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
It is about what I face and the circumstances which I encounter.
About Me

Name: -ian-
Home: Nanyang Crescent, Boon Lay, Singapore
About Me: When everything changes, I wanna still stay there calmly, and wait for the right time. I am surrounded by so called "radical" dreams. I don't know whether it is a form of idealism of a youth. But, be a doctor was my dream, but Physics came into me. ITB was my dream, but He gave NTU for me. Currently, I wanna be a high school teacher, researcher, journalist, writer, businessman, also want to study abroad again. It is unclear but it is fair. As far as I can, because I can jump higher as a true worshiper, as a true believer. Let me be a clay oh God, form me as You want.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix
Links
GJ Accessories
Google
Technorati blog directory KampungBlog.com - Kumpulan Blog-Blog Indonesia free web counter Locations of visitors to this page
© Sejauh Aku Mampu . template by isnaini dot com