Sejauh Aku Mampu
Friday, February 02, 2007
Career Fair


In this early semester, there will be many fairs. My friends said that there will be some fairs onward like International Food and Travel Fair. Yesterday, the NTU career fair had finished and I don't know why I went there twice, on January 31st and February 2nd. Many of my friends ask me to join them there. Our main purpose wasn't about looking for any information in detail even though I got many things there but the cute goodie bags were awaiting us. Even our seniors laughed at us of course because we seemed like a crazy-excited-goodie bag-first-year student. The freshmen were so rudiculous when they brought many bags where many lovely and messy souvenirs inside which are usually found in the garbage can. Hem...this is the silly tradition for those crazy freshman including me. The freshman even tried anything to cover their identity including speaking singlish and pretending that they are in year 2 or 3. Fiuh....

This is the first time for me to see this kind of fair. I never find it in Indonesia. Usually, I read many people crowded the office of manpower to queue to get a job. This is the contrast phenomenon. Many companies advertized their job position to the fresh graduates to enter their companies. Even many companies displayed the salary in about > S$2000 per month. These are some joining companies(actually there are about 80 companies there).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

you will find how there are many strange things and I don't know the reasons why.
- Does Singapore have less worker till they advertize like this ?

I remember how many people are jobless and they don't even have time to know many companies need them. It berings me into the deep contemplation that what I shall do in the future. Shall I work directly after I'll graduate? Shall I change my course?(oupss...) Shall I continue my graduate studies here ? or Shall I finish my undergrad in 4 years? Okay,,,,

cheers

posted by -ian- @ 3:01 PM  
9 Comments:
  • At 4:29 PM, Blogger pyuriko said…

    rame jg yaaa...

     
  • At 7:49 PM, Blogger -ian- said…

    iya tuh, rame buanget ih, kebanyakan yang mau cari krja kiko

     
  • At 12:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    haha...aku kemaren juga dateng career fair....bukan karena goodie bags....(aku datengnya yg hari ke-2 dan uda sore2 pas mereka dah mau bubar gitu...ga ada goodie...hiks...)

    tp kalo aku kemaren lebih ke arah cari tau...ntar spesialisasi(anak EEE year 3 uda mulai spesialisasi) yg bakal aku pilih tu prospek kerjanya gimana.....

    btw...septian mau pindah course ?

    (hehehe...dg wajah ingin membujukmu masuk eee )

     
  • At 12:43 AM, Blogger Devi Girsang, MD said…

    Singapore has limited population rather than in Indonesia, but still they seek for high requirement employees to be able to work hard and under pressure of course. No wonder.

     
  • At 1:52 AM, Blogger -ian- said…

    @yosafat : ga mau ah, mending fisika aja asyik walaupun susahnya setengah hidup !!!! kasihan gak dapet goodie bags
    @Devi, do you wanna work here ?

     
  • At 1:23 PM, Blogger Rey said…

    nitip dong... kalo ada lowongan yg oke, hehehehe

     
  • At 2:12 AM, Blogger dina said…

    no offense but actually some sociology students complaining that they are not given nice statements even for refusing that there's no job vacancy available for their studies.

    I myself choose to come with a PhD student and as result the welcome us very warmly (eventhough I have only got 4 booths offering job for psych major..hahaha..)for me the futur is something we create.

    and something being created and destined ^^

     
  • At 7:12 PM, Blogger Devi Girsang, MD said…

    hm.. dunno. haven't decided yet. probably. hehe

     
  • At 7:09 PM, Blogger mpokb said…

    you mean, they prefer singlish? now "that" is confusing.. :D

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
It is about what I face and the circumstances which I encounter.
About Me

Name: -ian-
Home: Nanyang Crescent, Boon Lay, Singapore
About Me: When everything changes, I wanna still stay there calmly, and wait for the right time. I am surrounded by so called "radical" dreams. I don't know whether it is a form of idealism of a youth. But, be a doctor was my dream, but Physics came into me. ITB was my dream, but He gave NTU for me. Currently, I wanna be a high school teacher, researcher, journalist, writer, businessman, also want to study abroad again. It is unclear but it is fair. As far as I can, because I can jump higher as a true worshiper, as a true believer. Let me be a clay oh God, form me as You want.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix
Links
GJ Accessories
Google
Technorati blog directory KampungBlog.com - Kumpulan Blog-Blog Indonesia free web counter Locations of visitors to this page
© Sejauh Aku Mampu . template by isnaini dot com