Sejauh Aku Mampu
Saturday, March 03, 2007
Sunday Service
Fortunately, I could wake up at 7 o'clock this morning so I could go to earlier monday service today. This was the strange morning where I felt something reluctant and this body was lazy to do anything, including speaking. That was why I was just too silent in the bus this morning. As if, I realize something. But, I don't know what it is. Let it be.

The church seemed to be busier this morning. This is the second week of Pre-Easter Day. This morning service wasn't as touching as last week where the pianist this morning didn't play the sad song like last week. But, it was okay, I think. Today's preaching was about sincretism. Fortunately, Pr. Ayub Yahya preached today and the jokes were like usual, so shaking my stomach. Many things were learned. On of them is about how we should avoid syncretism. Syncretism consists of the attempt to reconcile disparate or contradictory beliefs, often while melding practices of various schools of thought. The term may refer to attempts to merge and merge and analogize several originally discrete traditions, especially in the theology and mythology of religion, and thus assert an underlying unity(wikipedia). When Ayub Yahya said that, I remember how when I was asked to go to my grandmother's cemetery to spread the roses there. At that time, I refused the invitation to go there. I didn't believe with this kind of tradition. That was why the today's preaching reminded me with that occurence.

From church, Garlia, Jerry, Maria and I went to an Indonesian stall in Bukit Batok, just 2 minutes away from church. I ordered Soto Ayam and it was so nice. It was the first time for me to eat the soto ayam. Before, I asked some Singaporeans about this food but they didn't have idea. Hem....I will go there again next week. So nice, but it was only bucks. I loved the ketchup besides I miss this Indonesian hot kechup. This mad me miss my family suddenly when I was reminded that everytime we went home from church, we always had a lunch in a "prominent" soto stall near our church. I hope they bought that today and they always remember me everytime they have lunch.

Akhir2 ini kangen rumah terus

Labels:

posted by -ian- @ 11:49 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 12:44 AM, Blogger D-ka said…

    Sep...di mana stall nyaaaaa pengen jugaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

     
  • At 7:09 PM, Blogger raravebles said…

    Waaa.. seneng banget bisa nemu soto ayam.. Selamat bersoto-ria every Sunday.. he,he, Kalo bosen, kembali ke selera asal.. indomie.. hi,hi, Masih ada stok ngga??:D

     
  • At 11:15 PM, Blogger -ian- said…

    @dika, di daerah bukit batok, turun satu bus sto sebelum Saint mary, tadi udah jelas kan ?

    @rara, mienya udah habis nih Indomienya, minta kiriman donk Rara, hehe...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
It is about what I face and the circumstances which I encounter.
About Me

Name: -ian-
Home: Nanyang Crescent, Boon Lay, Singapore
About Me: When everything changes, I wanna still stay there calmly, and wait for the right time. I am surrounded by so called "radical" dreams. I don't know whether it is a form of idealism of a youth. But, be a doctor was my dream, but Physics came into me. ITB was my dream, but He gave NTU for me. Currently, I wanna be a high school teacher, researcher, journalist, writer, businessman, also want to study abroad again. It is unclear but it is fair. As far as I can, because I can jump higher as a true worshiper, as a true believer. Let me be a clay oh God, form me as You want.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix
Links
GJ Accessories
Google
Technorati blog directory KampungBlog.com - Kumpulan Blog-Blog Indonesia free web counter Locations of visitors to this page
© Sejauh Aku Mampu . template by isnaini dot com