Sejauh Aku Mampu
Thursday, May 17, 2007
Ascension Day

Well, honestly, I didn't notice that today is Ascension Day. This morning, I woke up late (9 am, after completing my slides) and I read some messages in my handphone. One of my friend sent me this message :

Yenni said "Sep,U ke gereja ga hr ini? ke BB ato CHC jam berapa"

I replied

Septian said "Ini kan hari kamis Yen"

Yenni wrote "Ini hari Kenaikan Isa Almasih, di Bethany ga dirayain hari ini. Gw mau ikut ke CHC ato BB.

Septian replied "oooo,,,gw lupa kalo Isa Almasih, thanks ngingetin, aku tanyain temen dulu jam berapa kebaktiannya"


After having a accounting presentation today(fortunately, it was okay), I went to GPBB (Presbyterian Church) in Bukit Batok, Singapore. I just knew that in Singapore, this great day wasn't declared as national holiday. Even, many people forget this day, including me. It wasn't like in Indonesia where most of my friends can relax at home till next saturday. Especially it is good for the Indonesian-Christian to concentrate this day to go to church.


Well, I am sure most churches here held a service at night because no one will come if it was held in the morning. For your information, everything here is sometimes held at night, even for national party campaign. Hopefully, Singapore will make this Ascension Day as the national holiday. For the Christians, hopefully, this day can be commemorated anually because this is the day where the relation between God and human is reconciled and God has had the willingness to prepare the place for His believers in this world. For that reason, it isn't fair if Ascension Day is considered as the most neglected day in Singapore, like what my pastor said just now.


Okay, back to sleep, 4 hours sleep only....


photo : Wikipedia (our bestfriend)

Labels:

posted by -ian- @ 10:52 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
It is about what I face and the circumstances which I encounter.
About Me

Name: -ian-
Home: Nanyang Crescent, Boon Lay, Singapore
About Me: When everything changes, I wanna still stay there calmly, and wait for the right time. I am surrounded by so called "radical" dreams. I don't know whether it is a form of idealism of a youth. But, be a doctor was my dream, but Physics came into me. ITB was my dream, but He gave NTU for me. Currently, I wanna be a high school teacher, researcher, journalist, writer, businessman, also want to study abroad again. It is unclear but it is fair. As far as I can, because I can jump higher as a true worshiper, as a true believer. Let me be a clay oh God, form me as You want.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix
Links
GJ Accessories
Google
Technorati blog directory KampungBlog.com - Kumpulan Blog-Blog Indonesia free web counter Locations of visitors to this page
© Sejauh Aku Mampu . template by isnaini dot com