Sejauh Aku Mampu
Wednesday, May 09, 2007
Accounting and Accountancy
I take accounting in this special session. Honestly, I don't like the subject with the presentation inside. But, I should take it because business subjects needs many presentations inside. Today, I had my first seminar for this subject. A-three-hour seminar was held in my class but the presentation was great and I like the lecturer. She was so kind and friendly. She really emphasized on how the students understand this subject. When I asked her about whether I was allowed to have a make up quiz on 28 May, she answered kindly that it was okay. When I said that she was so kind, she replied that the most important thing is that the students have knowledge after taking this course.

Accounting and Accountancy

When I browsed in www.answer.com, I found these definitions.

Accounting is The bookkeeping methods involved in making a financial record of business transactions and in the preparation of statements concerning the assets, liabilities, and operating results of a business.

Accountancy is British term referring to the activities and theories comprising accounting including practice, research, and teaching. It includes the guidelines, principles, and procedures accountants are to follow in conducting their tasks.

When I asked my friend about this, he said simply that accountancy is the kind of field of study. Accountancy is like the usage of the words Engineering, Law, Maths and Medicine. But, accounting is the subject of accountancy. This word has the same usage as Calculus, Quality Control, Electromagnetic Wave etc. That simply corrected my wrong assumption.

Taking a business subject is quite tough especially for those who are from science. I dealt with practical things and currently there isn't high mathematics like what I always do. Hopefully, accounting doesn't bother a science student. LOL.

Labels:

posted by -ian- @ 2:45 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger pyuriko said…

    Yee jgn salah,.. anak science bisa dpt accounting jg lho...

    enjoy it

     
  • At 11:58 PM, Blogger Nieke,, said…

    waduhhh.
    puyeng kalo ngomongin accounting..
    secara nilai2 accounting saya selalu amburadul..
    xD

     
  • At 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    diploma gw tulisannya accounting.. bukan accountancy.. binun nih..

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
It is about what I face and the circumstances which I encounter.
About Me

Name: -ian-
Home: Nanyang Crescent, Boon Lay, Singapore
About Me: When everything changes, I wanna still stay there calmly, and wait for the right time. I am surrounded by so called "radical" dreams. I don't know whether it is a form of idealism of a youth. But, be a doctor was my dream, but Physics came into me. ITB was my dream, but He gave NTU for me. Currently, I wanna be a high school teacher, researcher, journalist, writer, businessman, also want to study abroad again. It is unclear but it is fair. As far as I can, because I can jump higher as a true worshiper, as a true believer. Let me be a clay oh God, form me as You want.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix
Links
GJ Accessories
Google
Technorati blog directory KampungBlog.com - Kumpulan Blog-Blog Indonesia free web counter Locations of visitors to this page
© Sejauh Aku Mampu . template by isnaini dot com