Sejauh Aku Mampu
Monday, May 07, 2007
Free Will and God's Will
Suddenly, I am interested in philosophy. Today is about free will and God's will. Having read wikipedia, I think that this matter is really debatable and so tough for me. Many perceptions evolve because of the term Free Will. According to Wikipedia, The principle of free will has religious, ethical, and scientific implications. In religious, free will is also perceived differently in each kind of religion. Interestingly, free will was perceived also in Physics, especially in quantum mechanics. In biology, there is a debate on "nature or nurture".

I myself can't understand the concept of free will. I think this about who actually takes control in our body. Is this all determined ? What is compatibilism ? Even, in biology, the debate whether the behaviour of someone is because of the nature (innate qualities) or because of the nurture (personal experiences).

The theology has a different perspective. In Christian theology, God is described as not only omniscient but omnipotent; a notion which some people, Christians and non-Christians alike, believe implies that not only has God always known what choices individuals will make tomorrow, but has actually determined those choices. That is, they believe, by virtue of his foreknowledge he knows what will influence individual choices, and by virtue of his omnipotence he controls those factors. This becomes especially important for the doctrines relating to salvation and predestination. I just can only say that our body is actually not only ourselves, but God has ownership also in one's body.

Okay, I am dizzy already. Too many perpectives.
Habis pusing dari workshopnya Ko Michael.
beberapa sumber dari wikipedia

Labels:

posted by -ian- @ 7:55 AM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
It is about what I face and the circumstances which I encounter.
About Me

Name: -ian-
Home: Nanyang Crescent, Boon Lay, Singapore
About Me: When everything changes, I wanna still stay there calmly, and wait for the right time. I am surrounded by so called "radical" dreams. I don't know whether it is a form of idealism of a youth. But, be a doctor was my dream, but Physics came into me. ITB was my dream, but He gave NTU for me. Currently, I wanna be a high school teacher, researcher, journalist, writer, businessman, also want to study abroad again. It is unclear but it is fair. As far as I can, because I can jump higher as a true worshiper, as a true believer. Let me be a clay oh God, form me as You want.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix
Links
GJ Accessories
Google
Technorati blog directory KampungBlog.com - Kumpulan Blog-Blog Indonesia free web counter Locations of visitors to this page
© Sejauh Aku Mampu . template by isnaini dot com